Insights into these Shoes' Soul

Welcome to our blog! You'll get glimpses into the fabric of our lives... find out what is happening in our family, get updates on our ministry, see what makes us smile, and hear what makes us tick. We hope these insights into our souls will make you smile, keep you informed and challenge you to pray for us.







Monday, July 6, 2009

My mom was here too!

When Dan dropped Bea off at the Ft. Lauderdale airport for her trip home, he picked up my mom.  They had scheduled back to back visits since we only have 1 guestroom.  My mom stayed for 10 days as well.  (Allegiant Air again) Again, it was seeing her out of context.  Instead of being in South Carolina, there she was in our house...and in Florida no less!

 P1060185

P1060121 a Mama joined us for our church's luncheon honoring graduating seniors. 

We enjoyed showing her around our new corner of paradise, did some shopping, and a lot of yakking.  I was especially thankful that she was able to help me with my Haitian paintings.  Due to the style of art, Haitian paintings are notorious for being difficult and thus expensive to frame.  The next best thing, I figured, was to have her continue the painting around the sides.  (She's an accomplished artist.)  She worked on 6 or 7 of them and did a fantastic job.  I could have never done it on my own!  They now have a nice finished quality to them.

She was also here and able to witness a very exciting happening in Dawn's life.  But we'll save that for another entry.  It deserves an entry all by itself.

The time went by too quickly.  You have to come again, Mama!

No comments: