Insights into these Shoes' Soul

Welcome to our blog! You'll get glimpses into the fabric of our lives... find out what is happening in our family, get updates on our ministry, see what makes us smile, and hear what makes us tick. We hope these insights into our souls will make you smile, keep you informed and challenge you to pray for us.







Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First election experience

Yesterday was an interesting day.  It was my first day to serve as a poll worker.  It was a primary, so the turn out was light - very light, too light!  Only 6 or 7% of that particular precinct.  Thus it was very boring.  The next election, you know, the presidential one, will be a different story.

We were trained to handle difficult people (voters), but they never mentioned difficult co-workers!  I enjoyed the job I was given, and the gal that I worked with.  The worker that sat next to us was another story.  In the 14 hours we were there, she never quit talking.  Is there another word for "know it all but was wrong about it all?  That's the word I'd also use for a description as well.  I was so glad to get home and put my feet up.

I am hoping that more people take their responsibility as an American seriously in November and come out to vote.  If you don't vote, you can't complain one voter told me yesterday.  It is painless and doesn't take long.  Even if you don't like the choices, you still need to vote.  Ok, enough of the advertisement!  Just wanted to make sure you all get out and do your part for our country's choice in a new leader.

Debbie

No comments: