Insights into these Shoes' Soul

Welcome to our blog! You'll get glimpses into the fabric of our lives... find out what is happening in our family, get updates on our ministry, see what makes us smile, and hear what makes us tick. We hope these insights into our souls will make you smile, keep you informed and challenge you to pray for us.







Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I ate my way through Chicago!

One of the joys of traveling is being able to taste the food of the different areas you past through. Since I have spent quite a bit of time in Chicago area in the past, (I lived there for 10 years during high school and my college years) and many visits since, I know there are several things you have to have on a visit.

There is nothing like a good Chicago Hotdog with all the fixin's. Yep, I had one! Actually I had at 4 or 5, but who's counting! They were great!

Another thing I had to have was an italian beef sandwich, dipped, with green peppers. Ahhh. So good! I do miss those! And yes, I had at least 2 of those as well. Portillo's Hot Dogs and Beef sandwiches are to die for! What a great place. Wish we had one here! http://www.portillos.com/portillos/


No, I haven't forgotten about the pizza. I also love Chicago Pizza! We had all you could eat at one of the gatherings at Arlington E. Free Church. I waddled out of there very satisfied!


And of course a good gyros is hard to beat with lots of sauce dripping out of it. Oh my! Yummy! Unfortunately I finally ran out of eating time! I only had one of them.


Actually I am glad I left when I did, my pants were starting to get tight! I came home fat and sassy!

No comments: