Insights into these Shoes' Soul

Welcome to our blog! You'll get glimpses into the fabric of our lives... find out what is happening in our family, get updates on our ministry, see what makes us smile, and hear what makes us tick. We hope these insights into our souls will make you smile, keep you informed and challenge you to pray for us.







Monday, March 10, 2008

It's Snowing!

I woke up to heavy flurries! Whoo hoo! I had forgotten how beautiful it is to see the snow falling amongst the trees. As I watched it fall, with a good cup of hot coffee in my hands and the fire roaring in the fireplace behind me, I was reminded anew of the beauty of God's creation. It was a very peaceful moment!

However, I think everyone else around me was not happy to see it snowing! Here in Arlington Heights, IL, they have seen record snow falls (over 50 inches) this winter. They are tired of it and are ready for spring. It is still very unseasonably cold. This past weekend it was still way under freezing. Yup, this Florida/Caribbean boy is COLD!

Dan (from Chicago)

2 comments:

The Cooke Family said...

Hi Deb,

I've enjoyed looking through your blog and into your families lives. Thanks for sharing with us. I will be praying for your family and that God provides for ALL your needs. I am just on the brink of discovering all the hardships that come with ministry and Oh what a learning process - I may have to pick your brain a little along the way. : )

Blessings!
Christina

Dan and Debbie Shoemaker said...

I'll be glad to share and answer any of your questions! Full time ministry has it's unique set of challenges. Let's get together after ladies' Bible study sometime for lunch. Just let me know when would be good for you!

Deb