Insights into these Shoes' Soul

Welcome to our blog! You'll get glimpses into the fabric of our lives... find out what is happening in our family, get updates on our ministry, see what makes us smile, and hear what makes us tick. We hope these insights into our souls will make you smile, keep you informed and challenge you to pray for us.







Sunday, March 9, 2008

Christmas in March


Yes, we still have bins and boxes still hanging around...some on the lanai, some in the garage and some in the house (office area). And they are wearing on my nerves! I want to finish with this unpacking! We have furniture, lamps, plants, etc. But we haven't finished unpacking everything, thus we haven't decorated the walls, hung the paintings & pictures or set out the various knick knacks that I know we have (somewhere).


Today I unloaded 2 bins and found some very surprizing things....I found a bin of casserole dishes and other kitchen items. I thought all my kitchen stuff had been unpacked within the first 2 months of our arrival! All this time I was wondering where those dishes had gone. I couldn't believe that I'd have gotten rid of them in Haiti...but things happened so fast in the last few months that I could NOT remember what I got rid of and what I kept! I'm glad to have found these dishes (a couple had been wedding presents), but now I'm going to have to find places for them in my kitchen - but that's a good problem.


Now there are 2 less bins on my lanai.


I also found a few Christmas things - again, I'd wondered these last 2 Christmases where those particular items had gone.


It was some pleasant surprizes. And it was a great day to do it. The high today was 77 degrees, while Dan shivered in the snow in Chicago at 7 degrees!

No comments: