Insights into these Shoes' Soul

Welcome to our blog! You'll get glimpses into the fabric of our lives... find out what is happening in our family, get updates on our ministry, see what makes us smile, and hear what makes us tick. We hope these insights into our souls will make you smile, keep you informed and challenge you to pray for us.







Saturday, March 22, 2008

A Slam Dunk in March!

Sorry guys, this is not about basketball.  But I did get a "Slam Dunk" with Dunkin' Donuts!  On Thursday, March 20, they had a deal where the first 50 people through the door when it opened at 5:00 AM got 52 free cups of coffee, Coollatas, free coffee for a year,etc. It was only for our 3 county area.  Since I have a DunWelcome to DunkinDonuts.comkin Donuts very near me that I probably frequent a bit too much, this sounded too good to be true! I was the first one there, getting there quite a bit before 4am.  I was surprised as I expected more people.  (Other DK's had hundreds of people show up.)  So about 4 am with only about 10 people there, I called Deb to come over as well.  She was about 15th.  So we now have 104 free cups of various beverages from DK, good for the next year.  Very cool, or hot, as the case may be! 

This is the first time I have ever done anything like this.  (Sorry Rob you weren't here!  I know you would have been right there with me!)  It was an interesting time interacting with the various types of folks that showed up.  There were all types.  A boyfriend with his pregnant girlfriend, the retired couple, several construction workers, the housewife, a family with their 12 year old son, etc.  It was interesting how so many people, over 75 by 5 am would come out for free coffee, including these crazy missionaries!  Since Deb doesn't drink coffee, she said I owe her BIG time!

I thought later of how God has offered Eternal Life and a personal relationship with Him free for the taking, every day, all day, not just once a year.  How few take advantage of that offer, at their leisure, not having to get out of bed at 3:30 in the morning and waiting until the door to open at 5:00 to say a certain thing or prayer.  No, God is always ready and waiting to demonstrate His love for us by enabling us to enter into His presence just by asking His Son to be Lord of our life! Now THAT is a slam-dunk!

No comments: