Insights into these Shoes' Soul

Welcome to our blog! You'll get glimpses into the fabric of our lives... find out what is happening in our family, get updates on our ministry, see what makes us smile, and hear what makes us tick. We hope these insights into our souls will make you smile, keep you informed and challenge you to pray for us.







Monday, March 24, 2008

A Stupid Fat Cat and Frozen Peas!

Stupid Cat! Well, at least I want to blame the cat. At 6:45 a.m. this morning, I lifted our cat (ONE FAT CAT at 17 lbs.), Smudge, off my high dresser with my right hand. As I let go of the cat, I felt a sharp pain and heard a rrrrrriiiiipppp in my shoulder, then felt a searing pain. My morning and part of the afternoon then was spent in the doctor's office, at the pharmacy and in radiology getting an xray. The Dr. feels that at the least I have torn rotator cuff muscles and possibly tendons.

Do you know how much you use your right arm/shoulder when you are right handed?! It's been less than 12 hours and I already feel so handicapped. The doc. says that I can do some things, but she gave me a list of "don't do's" for the next 2 weeks. So don't call and ask me to help you move some furniture!

The doctor did tell me that frozen peas would do wonders for it. ON the shoulder, not cooked and in my stomach! I knew those peas were in the freezer for some reason.

Pray for quick healing. I didn't need this. I have several meetings and upcoming travels to make. With all that is going in the ministry, I don't need this distraction. I am thankful that it wasn't worse than it was, though! Stupid Cat!

Dan

No comments: