Insights into these Shoes' Soul

Welcome to our blog! You'll get glimpses into the fabric of our lives... find out what is happening in our family, get updates on our ministry, see what makes us smile, and hear what makes us tick. We hope these insights into our souls will make you smile, keep you informed and challenge you to pray for us.







Monday, March 3, 2008

Edjumacation - Who me?!


Yup, I am trying to get some more education. I have recently finished the application process to work at getting my MA in Biblical Exposition from Columbia International University, Columbia, SC. This is the same school I graduated from in 1980 with a BA in Bible. Because of that, I will only have to get 26 credit hours instead of 60! I am very excited about this.


I will be studying through CIU's "AIM" program, Advancement In Ministry. I will be doing some study via long distance learning, and then attending 2 2-week sessions a year. I hope to finish the end of 2009 if all goes well. We will see!


Pray for me as I hope to start this summer. I have been out of the "study mode" for many years now! This should be quite a challenge for me as I get back into the swing of things. Also pray for the finances to do this. I am beginning this by faith. I feel that the Lord is wanting me to get going on this, but we personally don't have the finances for it at this time. With Dawn in a private Christian school, and Devon at CIU, we are stretched already to our limit financially. I have applied for financial aid and we will see what transpires. Please pray with me for God's provision and direction as I begin this journey!


Kinda funny ..... our son and I in the same school at the same time! Besides the fun factor, it really does mean a LOT of faith for God's financial provision for us!! --Dan

1 comment:

Mike Messerli said...

I will be praying for you!